Monday 24 August 2015

... courgettes or if you prefer, zucchini

Hello everybody,

The garden is a wonderful thing right now. The plants are all doing well and we have been harvesting veg and fruit daily. We have pulled some beautiful golf ball sized beets, lovely long carrots and my oh my, the courgettes are coming fast and furious. We have been offering them to everyone we know.  :)

I happened upon a blog recently that stated that you can freeze zucchini. I have tried to do that in the past but it ended up a yucky watery mess.

This stated to cut it up into cubes, blanch it for only one minute, chill in ice water and then spread it out on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and into the freezer. So basically, exactly the same way I have been dealing with the beans but just less time blanching. I have decided to have a go with about a dozen or so. I reckon that I can use them in soups or stews as they will definitely be soft when they are defrosted. At least it is a good way to deal with the over abundance as we can only eat so many of them at one time.

Short and sweet for this post. I will let you all know how the courgettes turn out as I plan to let them freeze solid, give them a couple of weeks and then defrost some to try them out before I freeze any more.

Have a great evening, thanks for stopping by. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment