Wednesday 4 March 2015

... an update on the experiment

Hello everyone,

Thought I would pop in with a very quick post about how the various experiments are working out.

As was to be expected, we did not harvest anything of any kind during the month of February so we are still in the same spot as January, which means we are still in the red as far as garden expenditure vrs. garden produce is concerned, namely $158.49.

However, just have a look at these little beauties. These are the micro greens that I planted. They are just growing their little hearts out. A few more weeks and we will be eating them. 




Also, these are the bean seeds I planted to see if the seed was still viable. Clearly it is and these are pretty happy and healthy plants. Now, beans are self pollinating so I will be very curious to see what happens when they blossom, as in, will they actually produce any beans. I was told that I could not do this so that was all the challenge that I needed to give it a try. I do like a challenge. :)



The leeks are coming along, not really fast but most are about 3" - 4" tall now. I will trim them back when they hit about 6" so that they will get a bit stronger but they all look good.



I will be back shortly with part two of the homesteaders big decision about buy land and build versus buy a farm with a house on it.

Thanks so much for visiting. See you soon. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment