Monday 25 April 2016

... bursting into bloom

Hello there everyone,

I wandered around the garden to see how some of the plants are doing.

As you can see, the Rhubarb is growing just beautifully.



The 2 Black Currant bushes are about to burst into bloom. They are much too large and will need a thorough pruning after they have leafed out.



One of the Gooseberry bushes is now leafed out and doing well, the other is really not showing any signs of anything.


The daffodils that I planted under the 4 Apple trees are looking really well. I cannot wait until they bloom. They are all varieties that will naturalize well and in years they will fill the area under the trees. 



Unbelievably, the weather forecast is calling for snow tomorrow. It is for this very sort of reason that I have yet to plant anything in the garden, not even the cold tolerant plants.

Well, that is all for me for tonight. Thanks so much for stopping by. Cheers.

  ~ Melanie ~

No comments:

Post a Comment