Thursday 22 January 2015

Seed Orders

When it comes to ordering seeds, everyone seems to have a favourite company that they like to deal with. And I am no exception to that rule. Until this year.

I have been dealing with Stokes Seeds for more years than I care to count. I ordered from them again this year for all the usual suspects like an amazing hybrid Broccoli called Goliath that produces huge heads. I like Stokes. Their seed is good quality. I have never had issues with germination and they have a good variety. And I must say, their service is excellent. The lady I spoke to on the phone with my order was friendly and efficient. I had my seeds in just over a week. In fact, those at the very same Leek seeds that I planted a couple of days ago.

However, there is a new kid in town. It is an American company called Baker Creek Seeds. ALL of their seeds are open pollinated non GMO. That is very important to me. I have purchased their magazine on occasion, which is called Heirloom Gardener. This year I decided to take a chance on the seeds. Their catalog is fully illustrated with simply stunning pictures of amazing produce and flowers. This year I stuck to winter squash and tomatoes. Oh my goodness, I cannot wait to grow these tomatoes. If the blurb in the catalog is even close to being true, we will have some pretty amazing tomatoes this summer. I placed my order online a few days ago and received a delivery notification today with a tracking number. They should be here in about a week or so. Stay tuned....

Thanks so much for visiting. Have a great day. Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment