Sunday 25 January 2015

Gardening Experiment

Greetings to you all.

I recently read an article in GRIT magazine written by Jennifer Patterson Lorenzetti in which she kept track of all her annual garden expenditure and also recorded how much her garden produced and translated that into how much that would have cost in a grocery store. She saved close to $500. off her grocery bill. 

You can imagine what my reaction was when I read that. I have got to give this a try and see what sort of results we can get.

So, here we go.

January, 2015
To date I have received one order of seeds from Stokes and the total cost of that was $75.97. Everything will be in Canadian dollars, of course, since I live in Canada. Naturally, here we are in the dead of winter in Ontario so at the moment, there is nothing at all to harvest for the month of January. As was to be expected, we are in the red by $75.97.

One good piece of news today is that germination has started with the Leek seeds that I planted 5 days ago. They are sitting in a warm south facing window and seem happy to spring to life. 

That is it for me for the moment. Have a great day. Thanks for stopping by. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment