Thursday 12 May 2016

... worth the wait

Hello again everyone.

I was out in the garden the other day and something caught my eye as I was walking past the asparagus beds.

Take a look.




This is what it is all about. That first glorious asparagus spear poking it's head up out of the soil. 

I have done posts before about growing asparagus. It is a long slow process but, oh my, it is completely worth the wait. The flavour of fresh asparagus is superb. Nothing like the stuff you can buy in the supermarket that has been shipped from who knows where and was actually cut from the ground ages ago. I cut the spears, bring them into the house, and we eat them right away. Utterly delicious.

Thanks again for stopping by. I did want to thank all of you who have been in touch by posting comments or emailing me to express your kind wishes about the loss of my sweet dog Teally. It really means a lot to me. Cheers.

 ~ Melanie ~


No comments:

Post a Comment